QualityTrusted Quality, Price & Delivery
TestingInspection, Testing & Traceability
Process ControlAnd Quality Assurance
At Merrill Fabricators, we pride ourselves on being an industry leading manufacturer that provides trusted quality fabricating services and products, in a timely manner, at a competitive price. We attribute our success in the industry to superior quality performance and diverse capabilities.
Our performance is measured through careful testing of the individual part, adherence to standards, practices that produce the part and certification to ensure the employees are properly trained and experienced.
To ensure our customers receive a quality product, Merrill Fabricators utilizes the following measures:
- Testing by qualified inspectors
- Process Control following ISO 9001:2008 Standards
Merrill Fabricators invites you to experience our capabilities and performance by:
- Visiting our 400,000-square-foot facility to view the size and scale of some of the projects we work on. Unlike some fabrication shops throughout our region, we are equipped to handle all aspects and complexity of even the largest projects.
- Talking with our people, which are some of the best, brightest and most experienced in the industry.
To ensure consistency, traceability, and quality fabricating, every Merrill Fabricators weldment is inspected by qualified inspectors and fully documented to ensure traceability.
Inspection / Testing
We perform several types of inspection / testing including, but not limited to:
- Hydro- hydrostatic testing to ensure a leak free weldment under pressure
- Vacuum- to ensure minimal leak rates on the most critical components
- Pneumatic- low pressure air test
- Dimensional- validation of product conformance performed by qualified inspectors, using a variety of calibrated equipment
Nondestructive testing to nationally recognized standards, including:
- Leak Testing (LT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Visual Testing (VT)
- Annual Certification for all welders to American Welding Society D 1.1 and specific customer standards
- Certifications for pressure vessels controlled through American Society Mechanical Engineers and National Board of Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspectors
As all Merrill Technologies Group companies, Merrill Fabricators builds its success on the pillars of quality, price and delivery. Some of the ways we have constructed these pillars are:
- Our facilities are registered to ISO 9001:2008 standard
- We maintain full documentation for each project, ensuring complete traceability
- We apply formal project planning including:
- Control plans
- Planned process flow
- Formal problem solving techniques
- Lean manufacturing principals
- Integrated repeatability and maintainability design
To ensure continuous maintainability of process control, Merrill Fabricators regularly performs internal audits, layered process audits, continuous employee training and measuring equipment calibration.
Merrill Fabricators takes a proactive approach in attempt to drive out defects and waste, through orchestrated activities, conducted by our team of six sigma black belts and green belts.